Classes begin quarterly
Become a Web Developer in 12 or 24 Weeks
Online Houston Coding Boot Camp
Web development is a high-growth career track, and Rice University Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized skills to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to become proficient in front end and back end technologies.
Learn through a challenging curriculum that covers a full stack:
Progressive Web Apps
Learn How To Build Web Applications
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule or complete the program at an accelerated pace through our full-time program.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide range of career services: resume and social media support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, coaching, job matching, and more to help you launch or advance your career.
As you embark on this journey, you’ll dive into a rigorous curriculum and learn more than you thought was possible. With an online classroom environment and collaboration with your classmates, you will get hands-on experience in full-stack web development.
Why You Should Apply:
Learning to code is an intensive undertaking. If you are craving to expand your knowledge and join the tech world, seeking to advance or change careers, and most importantly: ready to roll up your sleeves and put in the hard work…then our program could be right for you.
- Those looking to find a new career or company—or make the move from a non-technical position to a technical one
- Those who are interested in freelancing to supplement their current income—or contribute in a bigger way in their current job
- Those seeking to learn the skills to execute on an entrepreneurial idea and build their own product
- Those with the ambition to grow in their knowledge or add to their skill set while in college.
Learn Market-Driven Skills:
Our curriculum covers front end and back end technologies*, and you will graduate with the skills needed to become a full stack web developer:
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Server Side Development (MERN Stack, Progressive Web Applications)
- Deployment/Command-Line Fundamentals (Heroku, Git)
- API Interaction (API, JSON, AJAX)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)
- Supplemental Self-Study Topics (Python, Java, C#, Amazon Web Services)
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not need to be a Rice University student to enroll in Rice University Coding Boot Camp. This program is offered through Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies.
No previous experience in programming is required. While some background may help, the pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start the Coding Boot Camp.
The full-time coding program is 3 months (12 weeks) long and the part-time program in 6 months (24 weeks) long.
- 24-week class
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 12-week class
- Classes held Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Part-Time 05/11/21
- Full-Time 09/13/21
- Data Analytics:
- Part-Time 07/12/21
- Part-Time 05/13/21
- Part-Time 06/09/21
- Part-Time 06/29/21
- Digital Marketing:
- Part-Time 05/17/21
- Tech Project Mgmt:
- Part-Time 05/18/21