Online Houston Coding Boot Camp
Become a Web Developer in 24 Weeks
Web development is a high-growth career track, and Rice University Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized skills to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to become proficient in front end and back end technologies.
Our part-time course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our part-time coding boot camp offers live, interactive virtual classes led by skilled instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand web development skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is applicable to a professional environment.
Learn How To Build Web Applications
- Study while maintaining your work schedule through a convenient part-time format.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- Benefit from a wide range of career services: resume and social media support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, coaching, job matching, and more to help you launch or advance your career.
Industry-Driven Full Stack Curriculum
We work closely with employers and industry professionals looking for boot camp graduates to optimize our full stack curriculum and ensure we are continually teaching the most in-demand technologies, including*:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Comprehensive Student Support
When learning to code, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Our online coding boot camp offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our instructional staff of industry professionals is there to help you gain the skills you need on your coding journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career-related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help frame your past professional experience in a compelling way and help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp:
- Industry speakers and events
- Resume, LinkedIn, and portfolio development
- Technical and behavioral interview preparation
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions, or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allow students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Why Join Our Online Coding Boot Camp
Our Online Coding Boot Camp was built for a wide range of individuals, whether they are existing working professionals or people looking to take their first professional job. All professional backgrounds are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for:
You’re looking to advance your current career and learn coding skills to open up new opportunities
You’re interested in switching careers and want to become a professional web developer
You want to enhance your coding skills or learn web development to advance in your role
How to Apply to the Coding Boot Camp
- Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
- Interview and Application. A member of the admissions team will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
- Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
- Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the boot camp, you will determine which financing option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
The Market for Web Developers in Houston, TX
The web development field is rapidly growing and attracting demand across a wide range of businesses. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the industries with the highest levels of employment and wages for web developers and digital interface designers include: software publishing, management, scientific and technical consulting services, and other information services consisting of business and financial operations, architecture and engineering, arts, design, entertainment, sports, media, and much more.
The field is outpacing nationwide growth in new jobs with an estimated 8% increase until 2029. Not sure if it’s too late to join the field? If you have the passion and commitment, top tech contenders like Google, Apple, and IBM are no longer requiring candidates to have a college degree.
The most important quality employers are looking for is that you can show what you know. One way to accelerate your learning is to attend an immersive boot camp program that not only offers a comprehensive curriculum but also allows you to work while you study.
The 2020 HackerRank Developer Skills Report found that 32% of hiring managers have recruited coding boot camp graduates due to three characteristics: the ability to learn new technologies and languages quickly, strong practical experience, and enthusiasm to take on new responsibilities. Those who complete Rice University Coding Boot Camp are qualified for many different roles, including computer programmer, full stack developer, technical project manager, QA and test engineer, application software developer, and many more.
In Houston, the projected employment for web developers is expected to reach 188,300 by 2029 with about 13,400 annual job openings. In the past few decades, the city has experienced a swift resurgence in the tech field with top companies like Microsoft settling down in the area. According to a 2019 report from CompTIA, Space City will have 9,000 new tech jobs by 2026. With an abundance of leading facilities and a diverse talent pool, Houston not only continues to prevail in the aerospace and defense sectors, but it’s also tackling significant problems — like health and climate change — in biotech, IT, energy, and aviation.
Coding Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Web Development Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational, or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
- AI Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 05/20/24
- Coding Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 05/20/24
- Data Analytics Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 03/25/24
- Cybersecurity Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 05/20/24
- UX/UI Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 07/29/24
- Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 03/11/24
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not need to be a Rice University student to enroll in Rice University Coding Boot Camp. This program is offered through Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies.
No previous experience in programming is required. While some background may help, the pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start the Coding Boot Camp.
The part-time program in 6 months (24 weeks) long.
Ready to learn more about Rice University Coding Boot Camp? Contact an admissions advisor at (713) 893-7791 or fill out the form below.