Learn Data Analytics & Visualization in 24 Weeks
Online Houston Data Analytics Boot Camp
At Rice University Data Analytics & Visualization Boot Camp, we are committed to preparing our students for success. With the rise of data in today’s economy, our program focuses on teaching students the practical and technical skills needed to analyze and solve complex data problems.
Our boot camp is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our program provides the best of online education: engaging hands-on projects and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
You’ll learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers on complex projects. Not only that, but you will also build a comprehensive portfolio along the way, giving you the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The data analytics and visualization curriculum will dive into the foundational skills for data analytics, including:
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front-End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Comprehensive Student Support
When learning data analytics, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Our online data boot camp offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our instructional staff of industry professionals is there to help you gain the skills you need on your data journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career-related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help frame your past professional experience in a compelling way and help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp:
- Industry speakers and events
- Resume, LinkedIn, and portfolio development
- Technical and behavioral interview preparation
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions, or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allow students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Why Join Our Online Data Boot Camp
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply to the Data Boot Camp
- Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
- Interview and Application. A member of the admissions team will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
- Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
- Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the boot camp, you will determine which financing option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Data Boot Camp Schedule
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
- AI Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 05/20/24
- Coding Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 05/20/24
- Data Analytics Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 03/25/24
- Cybersecurity Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 05/20/24
- UX/UI Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 07/29/24
- Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 03/11/24
Frequently Asked Questions
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.
No, you do not need to be a Rice University student to enroll in the Data Analytics and Visualization Boot Camp. This program is offered through Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies.
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in Rice University Boot Camps. Once a prospective student fills out the form or calls our admissions department, they will go through an initial phone interview with an advisor. Applicants who are recommended to move forward will then take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment.
Ready to learn more about Rice University Data Analytics & Visualization Boot Camp? Contact an admissions advisor at (713) 893-7791 or fill out the form below.